You can enroll in the Oregon Health Plan/Medicaid year round!
Find out if you qualify for the Oregon Health Plan/Medicaid by going to oregonhealthcare.gov. and answering a few questions about your household size and income. OHP coverage is now available to people who earn up to $15,800 a year for a single person or $32,500 a year for a family of four.
If you become pregnant and do not have health care coverage, you can apply for OHP right away. There is no longer a requirement to submit ‘proof’ from your doctors!
My Health, My Voice came about because of a need: Newly-insured women are having trouble using their health coverage. There are materials including booklets and fact-sheets about how to use insurance and what you should be able to get with it.
How to get insurance outside of the Open Enrollment months
If you experience certain types of life changes — like losing health coverage, getting married, or having a baby — you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period to enroll in a Marketplace plan on healthcare.gov for the rest of 2017.
- See if you qualify. Just answer a few questions.
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation.
- Adoption or birth of a child.
- Death of a spouse or child.
- A child on your policy turns 26.
- Taking or returning from a leave of absence.
- A change in your work schedule that causes you to gain or lose coverage.
- Change in residence or work location of you or a dependent on the policy.
The Oregon Health Insurance Marketplace makes sure that health insurance plans on HealthCare.gov meet state and federal requirements. They help Oregonians find and use the health insurance that works best for them and their budgets.