The Transformation Center is hosting a series of webinars to support sites in meeting the Effective Contraceptive Use metric.
- See the webinar schedule, which includes webinars on:
- Health literacy in family planning
- Successfully managing IUD and implant challenges
- Understanding marginalized populations, shared language and reproductive health
- Using a clinic self-assessment tool for providing high-quality contraception services
- One Key Question: Incorporating pregnancy intention screening into routine care
The Oregon Metrics and Scoring Committee added “Effective Contraception among women at risk for unintended pregnancy” as an incentivized metric for Coordinated Care Organizations and 2017 will be the 3rd year running. One Key Question is the #1 recommended clinical strategy to meet this metric for your health center.
We advocated for Oregon to be the first in the nation to adopt a preventive reproductive health metric to pave the way for ensuring women are receiving proactive care.
Here are resources to help you understand and meet the new ECU metric:
- FAQ- Effective Contraceptive Use Guidance Document- OHA
- Billing Information for Effective Contraceptive Use incentive metric 2017- OHA
- Patient-Centered Primary Care Institute: Contraception as a Quality Metric_Webinar Slides_FINAL
- Providing Quality Family Planning Services — Recommendations from CDC and the U.S. Office of Population Affairs, 2015